Websites, Social Media and Video
- Georgia Mountain Stewards website
- Native American Culturally Modified Trees/Prayer Trees Facebook page
- Mystery Trees Facebook page
- Ancient and Sacred Trees of America Facebook page
- Texas Trail Trees web page
- The Sacred Science blog
- Dowsing Indian Culture website
- Rocky Mountain Tree-Ring Research’s Old List
- Talking Trees YouTube playlist
- Cherokee Marker Tree in Holliday, Texas
- “Field Guide to Old Ponderosa Pines in the Colorado Front Range“
VIDEO Ted Talk
This is a TEDx Talk by NASTaP co-founder, John Wesley Anderson, and tells the fascinating story of Culturally Modified Trees (CMTs) modified by the indigenous people of the United States and Canada. These CMTs are living Native American cultural artifacts which were used for navigational, medicinal, burial, ceremonial and storytelling purposes. These CMTs can still be found today hiding in plain sight all around us and deserve to be added to our historical and archaeological records.
Anderson’s TEDx presentation culminates with Dr. James Jefferson, Southern Ute Elder and also a co-founder of NASTaP, singing his prayer song.